Saturday, September 22, 2007

GRUB

I recently discovered Grub after searching on Yelp for a Los Angeles restaurant that serves a good bowl of tomato soup - a recent, but still unsatisfied, craving. I didn't make it to Grub for lunch but enjoyed an early Sunday morning breakfast there last week. It's in a completely random location and looks like a house serving breakfast on the corner. Actually it reminded me a lot of the Glenwood in Eugene, Oregon. The entire staff was friendly and welcoming, including the owners who took time to visit every table. Betty Fraser, one of the owners was on Season 2 of TOP CHEF. Unfortunately, I've never watched this season but am addicted to this Season's. Anyway, I struggled with deciding between the bacon, cheddar and tomato scramble and the Friggin' Amazin' French Toast...I went with the scramble. It was truly one of the better egg dishes I've had in Los Angeles, although I think it was mostly due to the bacon. Mmmmmm, this bacon was sweet and slightly salty. And the dish came with roasted potatoes that were seasoned to perfection. They didn't even need any additional salt or ketchup (which I ALWAYS tend to reach for). Grub has definitely made it to my list of favorites in Los Angeles. On my next visit, I'm ordering the Afterschool Special.

No comments: