Saturday, April 02, 2011

Black Cat Bakery


Can't say I was ever a big fan of Mani's, although I was rather surprised that they had closed. Black Cat suddenly sprung up in its place, I read the reviews on Yelp and decided it was a must-try. After my usual Saturday morning cardio kickboxing class (also a must try at LA Fitness @ 9:45 on Wilshire), it was time to make my way over for the Black Cat! From the moment I walked in, I knew (or at least hoped) that I'd love it. The staff is friendly, the decor is warm, and the pastries look like those stop-you-in-your-tracks-and-break-you-down type. I ended up ordering their Bi Bim Bap farro dish and one bite in, I'm already fantasizing of my next visit. Definitely not your traditional Korean dish, but the combination of the vegetables (mushrooms, swiss chard, tomatoes and asparagus) with fresh burrata, a sunny side up egg and farro is brilliant. The one downside? They're only open from 8-4 daily.

519 S Fairfax
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323)932-1500

No comments: