Monday, July 17, 2006

Gosh Darn GOODE BBQ

My mamma always told me everything's bigger in Texas but this is ridiculous. I need to post bigger pictures just so my readers can find me. But I like it, because it makes me look petite. I arrived in Houston ready to take on the town. My first stop after a good night's rest at my pimp palace was breakfast at Goode BBQ. I like vacations, it might be the only time it's acceptable to have Texas BBQ as your first meal of the day. Goode's resembles everything I envisioned in a classic Texas BBQ joint. Deer heads proudly posted, long picnic benches, ice cold beer burried in ice (keep in mind this is pre-noon) and lots and lots of slow-cooked meat. I ordered a combo po boy, beef brisket and turkey sausage, on jalapeno bread. Just reminiscing about this meal is making my mouth water.

5109 Kirby Dr
Houston, Texas 77098
713-522-2530 - Phone
http://www.goodecompany.com/

No comments: