Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Pinkberry

Pinkberry was (perhaps still is) all the craze in Los Angeles. People love it, people hate it. My old co-worker lived on the street of the original Pinkberry, and if that means nothing to you, you need to read this LA Times article. I have another friend who simply refuses to even try Pinkberry because she's afraid of getting addicted and having to stand in the notorious long lines. However, when I first discovered Pinkberry there were no lines. I was lucky, I know. And really, it's nothing new to me either. I grew up in Hawaii on a product that tastes similiar called, Yami Yogurt. I love Yami so I was pretty ecstatic when I found Pinkberry. However, I truly thought I was the only one who enjoyed the natural yogurt flavor. Who gets natural?! Most of my friends prefer vanilla or chocolate not natural! Well, I can confidently say I am no longer alone in my enjoyment of natural flavored yogurt (or whatever it is, who cares really?). I've been meaning to write this post forever but then there was Pinkberry drama after Pinkberry drama, exhausting. Anyway, tonight I went to one their imposters for dinner. Yes, I wrote dinner. And yes, I wrote imposter. The imposters mostly tastes the same (except for Cantaloop, not so good sorry!). And the imposters have all of the same toppings and the same white cardboard cup. Can't they atleast get a different colored cup? So anyway, here are a few of my favorite imposters (notice how all the websites look similiar too)....

Kiwiberri
Yogotango (they have a strange tomato flavor I'm slightly and I mean slightly intrigued by)
Bare Naked Yogurt (Century City food court)

And there's also Red Mango which I haven't been too but it's supposedly the "real" originial. Ha! No, really it was Yami Yogurt! Ugh. This is what happens when you grow up on an island.

Oh and although I occasionally enjoy the nude yogurt (sans toppings), my favorite toppings are mango, blueberries, kiwi, captain crunch, mochi balls and cocoa pebbles. Not all at once and also pending how bad my sweet tooth is fighting for control.

No comments: