Monday, August 27, 2007

Seattle

After a long day of traveling, with a stop and delayed flight in Utah, this Sheep landed in Seattle. We started off visiting the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks to see the salmon ladder. Unfortunately, it was rather uneventful. I'm assuming the salmon (like humans) like to relax on Sundays because we didn't see one salmon make it up the ladder. Although, once we made it down to the viewing room (as you'll see in the first picture) a bunch of salmon were just enjoying the lazy Sunday summer morning. Sheepy!
We then drove over to Pike's Place and enjoyed the Summer Sunday market where we saw amazing chili wreaths, beautiful flower bouquets (cheap too!), tasted fresh peaches and of course enjoyed the famous Pike's Market. The flying seafood and singing fishermen were kind of scary. Moving onto one of my favorite finds in downtown Seattle were the pigs, my homies from the farm. There are a ton of pigs just hanging out on the sidewalks. They looked a bit lonely, so I found a brief summer fling (pictures not included) and also befriended the Money Pig, his fancy threads were made of pretty pennies and he took in the fabulous sheep vision before him with dollar bill eyes. We then took a walk down to Pioneer Square where I think I saw a bunch of my old relatives stacked on a pole? By this time we were pretty wiped out. It's a lot of action for a little thing like me. Off we went to meet the extended Arakaki family for dinner. We met at Ray's Boathouse Restaurant for an early munching session. I began with the Chilled Sungold Tomato Soup with dungeness crab. I moved onto the Grilled Southeast Alaskan Halibut as the main entree. And of course, I couldn't say no to dessert - Chilled Peaches & Cream. Everything was fantastic! As always, I enjoyed catching up with the Arakaki's, but I still didn't get enough quality time with the newest addition, Sam. Sam is the man!

No comments: