Tuesday, June 06, 2006

EuroPane



You'd think I wouldn't be able to eat the entire thing, but I shoveled it in like a gosh darn super sheep! Super sheep! I'm super sheepy...

EuroPane's a recommendation from a well-known tennis pro in Pasadena (thanks Ron!). My first experience was with my friend, Julie, when we decided to enjoy a quick lunch before heading back to the office. Walking into EuroPane, one might think it's just another sandwich shop. A fairly petite and low key space: coffee bar, small menu, packaged salads and a few mouth-watering pastries on display. I have to admit, I was a bit nervous taking Julie to EuroPane without trying it first since she's quite the foodie. However, we were VERY pleasantly surprised! Julie enjoyed the open-faced egg sandwich while I had the party-in-my-mouth chicken salad sandwich. Our tastebuds were so happy that we weren't able to talk until gobbling had been completed. I don't even like chicken salad and I only ordered it because I noticed it was made with yogurt (not mayo). The chicken was moist, the flavors blended just right and the bread is spectacular! You can choose from a variety (the usual suspects) of breads - but if you're getting the chicken go for the olive. Brilliant! I'm still trying to understand how a sandwich can taste so good. But the goodness didn't stop there! We were so impressed with our sandwiches, we also purchased a few of those mouth-watering pastries on display...deciding upon a chocolate tart, a lemon bar and an oatmeal cookie. Even more brilliance.

Today was a similar to-go visit, since I couldn't veer from the chicken salad sandwich on olive bread, I can't really report additional exciting news...EXCEPT they threw in a free cookie! Whooooooo!

A definite stop for lunch if you're ever in the area.

EuroPane Bakery
950 E. Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA
626-577-1828

1 comment:

Justin said...

Sounds enticing! Looked up the location, thought I'd share with anyone else interested: Map