Monday, June 26, 2006

I heart Kim Chee at ChoSun Galbee

Spicy!!! ChoSun Galbee is the place to be! My advice is to go hungry. We took our Texas guest for her first Korean BBQ meal and even if she didn't know how to use the two wooden sticks, she still gave it two thumbs up. Check me out in all the veggie madness!

Upon ordering, we were quickly served a tasty green salad, sprouts, KIM CHEE (my favorite), radishes, broccoli, potato salad, dried fish, seaweed, beef and probably some other things that I can’t recall at the moment. Then comes the stuff you actually order. We went with Tiger Shrimp and Bulgogi Beef (you might be able to see it sizzling behind my backside). I actually grew up with various Asian foods – Korean being at the top of my list. Although I think the Hawaiian-Korean food is a bit different from the authentic dishes. Such as meat jun – anyone here know of where I can find some? Anyway, on cold (yes, it gets cold sometimes in Hawaii) nights or when I was sick my mom would pick up Mun Doo soup. Since we were with a “mom” on this occasion, it felt appropriate to order the soul-warming soup from my childhood, along with my favorite chewy noodles Chap Chae. Too bad there's no noodle diet. Oh and you complete the ginormous meal with a delicious and sweet rice tea. Sigh.

ChoSunGalbee
http://chosungalbee.com/
3330 W. Olympic Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90019

No comments: