Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Posh Baby!

If I were a Spice Sheep - I'd be Posh. Yeah!

After a recommendation from our friendly neighbor and many drive-by fantasies, I finally decided to try Posh on Pico. I was a bit reluctant after reading a few local Los Angeles food blogs, one of which posted a negative review stating that they were discriminated against...but I gave it a shot anyway. And I am glad I did! On Saturday morning, after a long and HOT hike up Runyon (in case you didn't notice my pudge hanging over the plate, this sheep's gotta exercise!), I met my old college roommate, Megan.

When we arrived at Posh, there was no line (waiting is overrated) AND there was easy street parking (no permit restrictions in site!). These two facts combined, at a good Los Angeles cafe, is almost unheard of so we were definitely off to a good start. After a lot of oooohing and aahhhhing at the menu - specifically for the Grilled Mojito Salmon with Caramelized Onions Sandwich and The Latina Cheeseburger - I decided on a somewhat basic breakfast item: Arepas (cheese and corn meal patties) which came with a mushroom and cheese omelet. A choice well made.

I left with a full stomach, but was still intrigued by that Latina Cheeseburger. The pudge is apparently permanent. Ughhhh! So after a painful but killer Bar Method class on Sunday I returned home to a hungry Monte who said,"Hamburger." So off we went. This time ordering, of course, The (turkey) Latina Cheeseburger. I believe it was one of the best burgers ever to reach my tastebuds. Bliss.

Posh
www.poshonpico.com
5542 W. Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90019
323.931.4338

No comments: